Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Sometimes it's just plain rough to be a Richins...

And sometimes it's just plain Great!

This is a catch up and the pictures are out of order...but what do you do? I forgot what I had on this camera card...so I just started uploading and then found more and more and more...

So...a few weeks ago Miss Addy got baptized!
Holy cow!

I'm still not sure how we got from this...



All the way to this...

Strangely...I wasn't teary with this baptism...
Last year, when Camden was baptised, I cried at EVERY little thing for a week before the event.
With Addy's...I was BEAMING!
Seriously!
As people walked into the chappel, my smile got bigger and bigger and bigger.
It really was the best day.




My mom made this super cute dress for Addy.
She picked the fabric and I chose the pattern...
it's a pattern that my GRANDMA made for my MOM when she was little...
I LOVE IT!
And so did everyone else...

These are my cute little ones the Sunday after the baptism... 

Saturday, after the baptism, everyone came to our house for lunch and fun!
I was inside cleaning up a little, when I heard my sister gasp and say, "Look at mom!"
I looked out my kitchen window and saw this...

Now, let me explain...
All growing up...we just didn't see this side of my mom...sometimes...she'd boogie a little behind the vacuum, but usually, she was too stressed.
Until she met the wonderful man I call "Dad"...my step-dad Alan.
He brings out this fun and playful side of my mom...and I ADORE him for it.

I love, love, LOVE that my kids and nieces and nephews get to enjoy this side of Grandma.
It makes my whole being so happy.



Ok...another picture from the Sunday after the baptism...they wanted to show off how "stair steppy" they are...
I didn't realize Camden had pulled a pose until just now.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA! 

And of course, a few weeks before the baptism...School started and Addy turned 8.  Her birthday is almost always the first week of school!

Here's my 9th grader ready to RULE THE SCHOOL!
I told him that and got a (groan)...please don't say that again...
So of course, I have to say it every chance I get. ;)


And the two littlest ones...
Addy is in 3rd and Camden in 4th


Tyler is a SENIOR this year and my, not so little anymore, Colie Olie is in 5th!

Addy's birthday went on for about 5 days...

She got Monster High Dolls, La Dee Da Dolls, and CLOTHES!
ILOVEHAVINGAGIRL!



We interrupt the regularly scheduled programming for this exciting trick performed by Brendan Roper, invented by Taylor Roper...
What you can't see is that there is a cup sitting on the floor about 2 feet in front of the fridge that he is shooting the water, with astounding accuracy, into!
Yes, our water dispenser is broken...


Back to the birthday celebrations!


Check out Holden and Camden...they harmonize rather well.
I love this picture because it just sums up our crazy family!



For about 3 weeks we had some of our very best friends who are really family staying with us...
They had lived in Lehi and we'd grown to love them and then they moved to St. George following jobs.
Things changed again and they've moved BACK!
We are so glad!
And while I know Amy was losing her mind having to live in our house for weeks waiting for their home to be ready...
I really did love having them all there.
I absolutely love her...and all of them.
This is Taylor...getting a teasing from Shawn...no one is safe!


And onto the painful part of being a Richins...
Tyler went to Homecoming again this year...with a cute girl named Britney...who is also a very good sport. :)

This year he was at Camille's for Homecoming weekend so it was a little harder to prank him...but we still managed.
He'd kept the specifics of his date underwraps...but that Saturday I was able to get the important info out of him by asking if I could come to the dinner date to take pictures because he wasn't at our house this year.
He gave me the info and the plan was hatched...

Here are the tormenters all dressed up... 
Take notice of the "abs" on Holden!

I showed up first with Amy and chatted with the kids until the Bikers arrived, radio blaring, and engine revving! 


Tyler looked at me as they pulled into the parking lot and said, "Jessi! Why did you tell them!?!?" I'll be honest...it tugged at my heart strings...I was laughing too hard to really feel repentant though!

After the initial shock...all the kids began laughing and saying, "that is so cool!"
We got a few pictures with the bikers and they took off...



Then I got a few pictures of the cute couple and then I took off...


So...we're still here...still alive...and still kicking!

2 comments:

DT Young Family said...

Thanks for the update! I love this crazy Richins family! Addy looks adorable in her dress!

Life as Linds said...

Hi Jessi,

I just wanted to thank you for your kind comment. I have kind of been down in the dumps and your post really helped.

You have always been so kind to me and I cannot express to you how much I really appreciate your family. Thank you for being you and for kindness!

I appreciate you.